About Our Content
Alexander Street’s counseling collections offer more than 2,000 hours of video and 84,000 pages of text material across five collections. Content also includes hundreds of single title videos available for one-time purchase or online streaming. The full suite of counseling materials features therapy session videos and transcripts, client narratives, interviews, presentations, and more to support teaching and research in counseling and related disciplines.
Our award-winning counseling collections are recognized by the academic community as best-in-class because they offer:
- The highest quality content, curated to meet educational needs. Materials are hand-selected from world-renowned counselors, researchers, and clinicians. Because our collections feature more than four hundred counseling professionals, users are ensured a broad base of theoretical perspectives, methods, and focus areas.
- The most up-to-date data. New materials are added regularly to keep users on the cutting edge of new developments, theories, and practices in the field.
- Easily discoverable content. Highly detailed indexing allows users to search at a range of levels (including therapy type, therapist, or theme) and easily discover the most relevant information.
- Cost-effective solutions. Our collections offer access to valuable materials at a small fraction of the typical cost of physical acquisition.
The more than four hundred featured counselors and psychologists include:
- Scott Miller, known for his feedback-informed treatment approach.
- John Winslade and Gerald Monk, pioneers of narrative therapy.
- Janet E. Helms, Derald Wing Sue, Robert Carter and Thomas Parham, groundbreaking researchers and practitioners in multiculturalism and racial identity.
- Rita Chi-Ying Chung and Fred Bemak, social justice-focused thought leaders.
- Samuel Gladding, noted expert in families and family systems.
Microtraining has been part of the Alexander Street Press family since 2010. It was established in 1974 by Dr. Allen Ivey, Distinguished University Professor Emeritus at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and the award-winning originator of the influential microcounseling framework and integrative theory.
Since its inception, Microtraining has fulfilled its mission of providing culturally sensitive, competency-based skills training in counseling and therapy. The company developed some of the profession’s first videos focusing on multicultural issues. To keep pace with microcounseling’s booming growth, materials are now offered in nineteen languages.
Microtraining provides an ever-expanding suite of videos designed to move the discipline toward a more culture-centered awareness and has broken ground in novel areas, including as neuroscience and the brain. As the company expands into the full field of psychology expertise, offerings are growing to include videos in individual, group, and community counseling, counseling theory, research, and more. Learn more at http://www.emicrotraining.com.
For a full list of Alexander Street Press’s counseling products, visit http://alexanderstreet.com/products/counseling-and-therapy. Libraries may subscribe to our collections annually or acquire them through a one-time purchase of perpetual rights, with prices scaled to institutional size and budget. Single title films are available for DVD purchase or via online streaming. To request a free trial or price quote, please email sales [at] alexanderstreet [dot] com.