Alexander Street Announces Exclusive Partnership with Milestone Films
Alexandria, VA – Alexander Street announced today its exclusive partnership with Milestone Films to bring the provider’s content to the university and public library market via its Patron-Driven Acquisition (PDA) platform and single title streaming direct subscriptions.
Over 150 titles have been licensed to Alexander Street for classroom and educational use, most available worldwide. Alexander Street extends Milestone Films’ mission to provide “films to enlighten, educate, entertain, and amaze. Open your eyes, we’ll open your mind.”
“Milestone works tirelessly partnering with archives around the world to restore and remaster important and overlooked films,” said Will Whalen, Vice President – Video Licensing for Alexander Street. Over the past 26 years, the company has received numerous awards and honors for its work from the National Society of Film Critics, the Los Angeles Film Critics Association, and the New York Film Critics Circle. Milestone has co-presented restorations with filmmakers Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola, Woody Allen, Steven Soderbergh, and Jonathan Demme.
Here are just some of the films available in early 2017 through Alexander Street:
- Alfred Hitchcock's two banned WWII dramas, Bon Voyage and Aventure Malgache;
- The first animated feature film, Lotte Reiniger’s The Adventures of Prince Achmed;
- Samuel Beckett's only cinematic work, FILM (1964), starring Buster Keaton, along with the acclaimed documentary NOTFILM by Ross Lipman (coming 2017);
- An historic production of Waiting For Godot, with Zero Mostel and Burgess Meredith (coming 2017);
- Eighteen films selected by the Library of Congress’ National Film Registry, including The Exiles and Portrait of Jason;
- The cinema of feminist filmmaker Shirley Clarke and African-American director Charles Burnett;
- The Sorrow and the Pity by Marcel Ophuls;
- I Am Cuba by Mikhail Kalatozov;
- Let There Be Light by John Huston and other WWII docs in HD;
- In the Land of the Head Hunters by Edward S. Curtis;
- And more!
For more about Milestone Films, visit milestonefilms.com/aboutus.
Alexander Street pairs exclusive streaming video, audio, and curated full-text collections with cutting-edge online tools to transform the way people research, learn, and teach in virtually every discipline. Learn more at alexanderstreet.com.
Contact for Media Inquiries/Reviewer Access:
Kathleen McLellan, Senior Product Marketing Manager - Video
Alexander Street, a ProQuest Company
3212 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Toll Free: 800.889.5937