- About Us
- Our Team
- News & Events
- Articles & Presentations
- Career Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Product Listing A-Z
- Public Library
- Art and Architecture
- Black History and Literature
- Counseling and Therapy
- Criminal Justice
- Health Sciences
- LGBT studies
- Performing Arts, Theatre & Film
- Political Science
- Religion and Social Thought
- Women's History and Literature
- Video Collections
- Support Center
- Customer & Technical Support
- Request a Product Trial
- Free Resources
- Contact Your Account Rep
- By Library Region
- Global Distributors
- License Info
- FAQs and Troubleshooting
- Discovery and MARC records
- New Alexander Street Press Interface FAQ
- Music Online Feature Overview 2013
- VAST: Academic Video Online Feature Overview 2013
- Press Room
- Free Resources
- Single Titles
- Contact Us
Dental Education in Video
Dental Education in Video is a video encyclopedia of dentistry and dental technique, delivering instant online access to more than 300 high-definition videos featuring world-renowned clinicians and educators. It provides hundreds of hours of demonstrations from American Dental Association-approved content partners, together with interviews and lectures, for students and faculty in dental surgery, medicine, oral hygiene, assisting, and nursing.
While traditional textbooks in dentistry successfully explain theory, they can’t properly prepare readers for the hands-on realities of treating patients. Dental Education in Video solves this problem, enabling faculty and students to view experts from around the world performing and explaining complicated procedures on real patients. Students will find this collection invaluable as they prepare for clinical exercises, giving them insight into the nuances and realities of working with patients before performing a procedure themselves. Reading about horizontal ridge augmentation can’t compare to watching Dr. Sascha A. Jovanovic perform and explain the procedure in vivid, high-resolution video.
The collection’s coverage is expansive. Subjects include esthetic dentistry, implant dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, patient assessment, operative dentistry, hygiene and maintenance, oral biology and medicine, orthodontics, laser dentistry, oral surgery, endodontics, infection control, periodontics, general dentistry, dental technology, digital dentistry, occlusion, TMD, digital photography, and much more. And because Dental Education in Video features experts that hail from and teach across North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and the Middle East, the collection offers relevant content and international perspective for dental professionals worldwide.
Sample titles include:
- Assessment and Diagnosis of Oral Facial Pain Conditions, Their Treatment and Medical Management, Henry A. Gremillion, DDS, MAGD, 60 min. (2009).
- Common Sense Approach to Molar Root Canals, Marvin Berlin, DDS, 60 min. (2011).
- Fundamentals of Evidence Based Dentistry: Comparative Efficacy and Effectiveness Research and Analysis for Practice, Francesco Chiappelli, PhD, MA, 70 min. (2011).
- Periodontal Treatment: Treating the Cause and Not Just the Symptoms, Thomas Nabors, DDS, 60 min. (2010).
- The Principles of Advanced Minimally-invasive Dentistry, Michael Miyasaki, DDS, 60 min. (2011).
- The Psychology of Cosmetic Dentistry-Patient/Doctor/Team Interaction and Desired Outcomes, Mickey Bernstein, DDS, 120 min. (2010).
- Surface Finishing and Polishing, Brian P. LeSage, DDS, FAACD, 84 min. (2005).
- Which Ceramic Should I Use? A Clinical Perspective, Anas Aloum, BDS, Mamaly Reshad, DDS, MSc., 125 min. (2011).
All of the videos in Dental Education in Video are produced by ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (CERP) providers and demonstrate current procedures, techniques, and skills. These partners include the Global Institute for Dental Education (gIDE), the premiere provider of online dental education to users in more than 100 countries, and HDiQ Dental (HDiQ), the first dental continuing education company to deliver high definition content on the Web. One-third of the titles in the collection were produced in 2010 or later. And as dentistry evolves, so too does Dental Education in Video. Titles are reviewed annually for accuracy and updated to stay abreast of changing dental standards and techniques.
Videos in this collection will be thoroughly transcribed and indexed, allowing users to quickly and easily find the exact content they’re looking for, down to the second. Only Dental Education in Video allows for such detailed queries as:
- Show me how to prepare a patient’s anterior teeth for veneers.
- Find procedures that demonstrate soft tissue grafting in patients with thin periodontium.
- What are normal and abnormal joint sounds when performing a temporalmandibular exam?
- What are the key points to identifying early-stage periodontal disease during a cleaning procedure?
- How are hygiene and oral health maintenance different in patients with implants?
- Show me an example of a sinus lift in the course of performing implant placements.
- Find best practices for digital photography when dealing with adolescent patients.
- How can overdentures be most effective when treating edentulous arch?
- What are the various methods of preparing patients for implant procedures?
Advanced features such as permanent URLs, synchronized transcripts, and clip-making tools allow users to easily share, cite, and annotate content. For the first time, video can be integrated into coursework and assignments as easily as text.
Dental Education in Video features more than 150 experts from around the world, demonstrating and explaining the procedures and techniques they are most noted for. These include:
- Dr. Sascha Jovanovic (Editorial Advisor): Lecturer at UCLA Continuing Dental Education; professor (Hon.) at University of British Columbia, division of periodontics and implants, Vancouver; associate professor (Hon.) at the University of Hong Kong, department of oral surgery; founder and academic chairman of the gIDE Institute; former president of the European Association for Osseointegration.
Dr. Sascha Jovanovic
- Dr. Dario Adolfi: Director of Spazio Education, Sao Paulo; author of The Natural Aesthetics.
- Dr. Nitzan Bichacho: Head of the Ronald E. Goldstein Center for Aesthetic Dentistry at the Hadassah Medical Campus; expert in prosthodontics at the rank of professor at the Faculty of Dental Medicine, Hebrew University, Jerusalem; past president of the European Academy of Esthetic Dentistry; diplomat of The International Congress of Oral Implantologists; scientific editor of the American professional journal Practical Procedures & Aesthetic Dentistry.
- Dr. Nelson Carranza: Chairman of Periodontology at the School of Dentistry, University of Buenos Aires.
- Dr. Arnaldo Castellucci: Past president of the Italian Endodontic Society; past president of the International Federation of Endodontic Associations; editor of the Italian Journal of Endodontics.
- Dr. James Chow: Associate professor (Hon.) at Hong Kong University; associate professor (Hon.) at Shanghai Jiaotong University; director of Branemark Osseointegration Center; co-founder Tideman Maxillofacial Centre.
- Dr. Michael Danesh-Meyer: Director of the Institute of Dental Implants and Periodontics, Auckland, New Zealand; fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists; past-president of the Auckland Implant Study Group; former secretary of the Australasian Osseointegration Society.
- Dr. David Dunn: Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Dental Surgeons; member of the Pierre Fauchard Academy.
- Dr. Henry Gremillion: Dean of the Louisiana State University School of Dentistry; director of the Parker E. Mahan Facial Pain Center.
- Dr. Fernando Maravankin: Chairman professor at Universidad del Salvador/Asociacion Odontologica Argentina; past president of the Operative Dentistry and Dental Materials Society, Argentina.
- Dr. Masahiro Minami: Chairman of the Osaka chapter of the Society of Japan Clinical Dentistry (Osaka SJCD); councilor of Japan Association of Microscopic Dentistry.
- Dr. Buddy Mopper: Director for the Center for Esthetic Excellence, in Chicago; cofounder and chairman of Cosmedent, Inc.; fellow and founding member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- Dr. Larry Rosenthal: Director of the Aesthetic Continuum at the Advanced Aesthetic Program at the Rosenthal Institute at New York University; one of the founding fathers of aesthetic dentistry.
- Dr. Andre Saadoun: President of Recontres Méditerraneenes de Dentisterie; recipient of the Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Merite; diplomat of the International Congress of Oral Implantology.
- Dr. Toshiro Sugai: Clinical professor of Oral Implantology at Tokyo Medical and Dental University; director of the Japanese Maxillofacial Implant Society; director of Japan Society for Dental Anti-Aging, councilor of the Japanese Academy of Maxillofacial Prosthetics.
Dental Education in Video will be available worldwide through annual subscription or one-time purchase of perpetual rights. For subscribers, approximately 30 hours of content will be added each year, delivered in quarterly updates until the anniversary of your subscription. Purchasers will receive a base of 300 hours of content and all updates until the end of the year of purchase.
Prices are scaled to institutional size and budget. To request a free trial or price quote, please e-mail sales [at] alexanderstreet [dot] com.