Support and Training
- Get Trained! Receive live, customized web trainings with your dedicated Account Manager specific to your needs—available for librarians, faculty, and students. Schedule a session today!
- Need help? Submit your questions or issues to our Account Management team at any time.
The Alexander Street platform is a cutting-edge learning and research interface for library patrons. The latest platform enhancements include:
• More intuitive search, browse, video, and audio pages to help patrons find content faster
• Easily accessible instructional videos to get patrons up and running and increase usage
• More prominent related items to provide additional, relevant content to patrons
• Alternative screen layouts for improved viewing, and
• A more mobile-friendly user experience.
- View how-to videos on creating clips, sharing playlists, and using our powerful searching options.
- Get an in-depth look at Evidence-based Acquisition (EBA) versus Patron-driven Acquisition (PDA) for streaming video. What are the pros and cons of each? When would a library choose one or the other versus other acquisition models? Explore specific case studies of libraries using each, and see how your peers are using demand-driven acquisition models to provide broad access to video, deliver relevant content to patrons, and achieve a positive return on investment. Get Access >>
- Get users up and running quickly on the Alexander Street platform. Download, forward, and/or print Quick Reference Guides for video, audio, and text resources. Users will learn how to access resources, search and browse content, and navigate learning features, like making clips and playlists.
If your institution uses a custom URL or unique process to access Alexander Street collections and content, you can customize the "How to Access" section of the Quick Reference Guides to direct users to the right place.
Alexander Street video and audio content can be integrated into Web pages and learning management systems in two ways: links or embeds. Learn more
What’s your usage? Our latest usage stats portal provides detailed information about your usage including COUNTER-compliant reports, SUSHI-enabled reports, and customizable reports you can export by title, subject, and collection. Click here to learn more and get access today.
Using a discovery service? Learn more about how to active our in-depth metadata in the leading discovery service providers.
Check out our recommended configuration stanzas for setting up ASP collections on your proxy.
- Review our system requirements and information about devices supported, and more.
Download our Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) to understand how our platform conforms to Section 508 Standards.
Search our video database for specific titles
Looking for a specific video title? Search our video database to find out if it exists in one of our collections or as an individual title available for purchase.
Download bibliographies in Excel format to view and search titles included in each product.
Download, customize, and print our double-sided bookmarks to help promote your online collections. Using Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat, you can insert your library or institution name and instructions for remote access. Include any information your patrons may need concerning proxy servers, library card information, or URLs to pages on your library's Web site.
Download and print posters to promote your library's resources. All images are in high-resolution PDF format and are freely available to reuse or resize.
Select from the product A-Z list and click through to view and download product overviews and brochures. Print and distribute onsite or contact us to have quantities shipped to you. Perfect for open houses, faculty introductions, vendor days, and “welcome back” kits.
Download product buttons for use on your library's Web page. Use the images to help publicize your online collections and boost usage.
Embed a search widget into your library's Web page, learning management system, course homepage, blog, or anywhere that HTML code can be placed. These widgets let you search your online collections from any page on the Web. Download widget.
Every two weeks, we make available one complete work from our popular streaming music databases, Classical Music Library and Smithsonian Global Sound® for Libraries for free download. Visit the download page for more information.
Need one of Alexander Street’s corporate logos? Download versions for web or print.