Dental Education in Video is a video encyclopedia of dentistry and dental technique, delivering instant online access to more than 300 high-definition videos featuring worldrenowned clinicians and educators. It provides hundreds of hours of demonstrations from American Dental Association-approved content partners, together with interviews and lectures, for students and faculty in dental surgery, medicine, oral hygiene, assisting, and nursing.
While traditional textbooks in dentistry successfully explain theory, they can’t properly prepare readers for the hands-on realities of treating patients. Dental Education in Video solves this problem, enabling faculty and students to view experts from around the world performing and explaining complicated procedures on real patients. Students will find this collection invaluable as they prepare for clinical exercises, giving them insight into the nuances and realities of working with patients before performing a procedure themselves. Reading about horizontal ridge augmentation can’t compare to watching Dr. Sascha A. Jovanovic perform and explain the procedure in vivid, high-resolution video.
The collection’s coverage is expansive. Subjects include esthetic dentistry, implant dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, patient assessment, operative dentistry, hygiene and maintenance, oral biology and medicine, orthodontics, laser dentistry, oral surgery, endodontics, infection control, periodontics, general dentistry, dental technology, digital dentistry, occlusion, TMD, digital photography, and much more. And because Dental Education in Video features experts that hail from and teach across North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and the Middle East, the collection offers relevant content and international perspective for dental professionals worldwide.
Sample titles include:
- Assessment and Diagnosis of Oral Facial Pain Conditions, Their Treatment and Medical Management, Henry A. Gremillion, DDS, MAGD, 60 min. (2009).
- Common Sense Approach to Molar Root Canals, Marvin Berlin, DDS, 60 min. (2011).
- Fundamentals of Evidence Based Dentistry: Comparative Efficacy and Effectiveness Research and Analysis for Practice, Francesco Chiappelli, PhD, MA, 70 min. (2011).
- Periodontal Treatment: Treating the Cause and Not Just the Symptoms, Thomas Nabors, DDS, 60 min. (2010).
- The Principles of Advanced Minimally-invasive Dentistry, Michael Miyasaki, DDS, 60 min. (2011).
- The Psychology of Cosmetic Dentistry-Patient/Doctor/Team Interaction and Desired Outcomes, Mickey Bernstein, DDS, 120 min. (2010).
- Surface Finishing and Polishing, Brian P. LeSage, DDS, FAACD, 84 min. (2005).
- Which Ceramic Should I Use? A Clinical Perspective, Anas Aloum, BDS, Mamaly Reshad, DDS, MSc., 125 min. (2011).
Videos in this collection are thoroughly transcribed and indexed, allowing users to quickly and easily find the exact content they’re looking for, down to the second. Only Dental Education in Video allows for such detailed queries as:
- Show me how to prepare a patient’s anterior teeth for veneers.
- Find procedures that demonstrate soft tissue grafting in patients with thin periodontium.
- What are normal and abnormal joint sounds when performing a temporalmandibular exam?
- Show me an example of a sinus lift in the course of performing implant placements.
- Find best practices for digital photography when dealing with adolescent patients.
- How can overdentures be most effective when treating edentulous arch?
- What are the various methods of preparing patients for implant procedures?
Dental Education in Video features more than 150 experts from around the world, demonstrating and explaining the procedures and techniques they are most noted for. These include:
- Dr. Sascha Jovanovic (Editorial Advisor): Lecturer at UCLA Continuing Dental Education; professor (Hon.) at University of British Columbia, division of periodontics and implants, Vancouver; associate professor (Hon.) at the University of Hong Kong, department of oral surgery; founder and academic chairman of the gIDE Institute; former president of the European Association for Osseointegration.
- Dr. Nitzan Bichacho: Head of the Ronald E. Goldstein Center for Aesthetic Dentistry at the Hadassah Medical Campus; expert in prosthodontics at the rank of professor at the Faculty of Dental Medicine, Hebrew University, Jerusalem; past president of the European Academy of Esthetic Dentistry; diplomat of The International Congress of Oral Implantologists; scientific editor of the American professional journal Practical Procedures & Aesthetic Dentistry.
- Dr. Arnaldo Castellucci: Past president of the Italian Endodontic Society; past president of the International Federation of Endodontic Associations; editor of the Italian Journal of Endodontics.
- Dr. James Chow: Associate professor (Hon.) at Hong Kong University; associate professor (Hon.) at Shanghai Jiaotong University; director of Branemark Osseointegration Center; co-founder Tideman Maxillofacial Centre.
- Dr. Henry Gremillion: Dean of the Louisiana State University School of Dentistry; director of the Parker E. Mahan Facial Pain Center.
- Dr. Fernando Maravankin: Chairman professor at Universidad del Salvador/Asociacion Odontologica Argentina; past president of the Operative Dentistry and Dental Materials Society, Argentina.
- Dr. Masahiro Minami: Chairman of the Osaka chapter of the Society of Japan Clinical Dentistry (Osaka SJCD); councilor of Japan Association of Microscopic Dentistry
Dental Education in Video is available worldwide through annual subscription or one-time purchase of perpetual rights. Prices are scaled to institutional size and budget. To request a free trial or price quote, please e-mail email@example.com.