Alexander Street Debuts New Platform Design
(Alexandria, VA)--Alexander Street, a producer of digital content collections for academic and public libraries, recently announced a redesign of its proprietary video, audio, and text distribution platform. The new interface is intended to be more user-friendly and visually appealing than its previous incarnations, featuring:
- More intuitive search, browse, video, and audio pages to help patrons find content faster
- Easily accessible instructional videos to get patrons up and running and increase usage
- More prominent related items to provide additional, relevant content to patrons
- Alternative screen layouts to improve the viewing experience
- A more mobile-friendly and responsive design, for easy viewing on any device or screen resolution
Ben Jones, Platform Manager for Alexander Street, said, "The aim of the new design is to make our platform as visually attractive to users as it is feature-rich. As a result, we aren't requiring our users to re-learn how to use the platform again, it all works the same. It's just more pleasing on the eye and easier to use."
Librarians and faculty can experience the new platform with a free 30-day trial to any of the more than 135 collections Alexander Street offers by visiting alexanderstreet.com.
About Alexander Street
Alexander Street pairs exclusive content with the latest technology to deliver customizable products and services to libraries and their patrons worldwide. We blend video, audio, and text with cutting-edge online tools to transform the way people research, learn, and teach in virtually every discipline. Learn more at: alexanderstreet.com.
Contact for Media Inquiries/Reviewer Access:
Kelly Latham, Marketing Director
3212 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Toll Free: 800.889.5937
klatham [at] alexanderstreet [dot] com