Three hundred celebrated films from the Criterion Collection are now available
CRITERION COLLECTION LAUNCHES AT ALEXANDER STREET
300 Classic Films Optimized for Teaching and Scholarship
(ALEXANDRIA, VA) – Three hundred celebrated films from the Criterion Collection are now available in a high-definition streaming collection from Alexander Street Press.
The Criterion Collection is an online database that includes 300 of the most influential films of the 20th century from one of cinema’s most respected distributors. This optimized online learning database covers the history of cinema from early silent films through to the end of the century. Featured works are from the most significant directors of our time, including:
- Breathless (Godard)
- La Strada (Fellini)
- M (Lang)
- Modern Times (Chaplin)
- The 400 Blows (Truffaut)
- Stagecoach (Ford)
- L’avventura (Antonioni)
- Wild Strawberries (Bergman)
- Foreign Correspondent (Hitchcock)
- Wings of Desire (Wenders)
- Breaking the Waves (von Trier)
Alexander Street Press is the only publisher that makes these acclaimed films available in high-definition on an interface designed for learning. Dozens of advanced features that encourage in-depth exploration of these important materials include:
- HD-quality video that lets you stream films at up to 2.5 mbps
- Synchronized scrolling transcripts alongside every title
- Semantic facet indexing that makes it a breeze to discover new content of interest
- Cross-searchable interface that makes films available directly alongside related multimedia content—including film scripts, silent films, and global feature films—from Alexander Street’s five other film studies collections
- Shareable playlists—add your favorite films and clips into an online playlist, then easily share the link, or slide it into a syllabus or LMS
“Criterion films are must-haves for every library collection. Few cinematic works come close to these in quality or cultural significance,” says Will Whalen, vice president of licensing at Alexander Street Press. “We’re proud of the ways in which our interface enables users to engage with this content even further, fostering much deeper levels of scholarship than you’d get from a DVD or standard viewing platform."
The Criterion Collection from Alexander Street Press is available in one complete collection and also in smaller microcollections to North American libraries via one- or three-year subscription. For more information or to request a trial or price quote, email sales [at] alexanderstreet [dot] com.
About Alexander Street Press
Alexander Street Press pairs exclusive content with the latest technology to deliver customizable products and services to libraries and their patrons worldwide. We blend video, audio, and text with cutting-edge online tools to transform the way people research, learn, and teach in virtually every discipline. Learn more at http://www.alexanderstreet.com.
Contact for Media Inquiries/Reviewer Access:
Jessica Kemp, Director of Marketing
Alexander Street Press
3212 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
703-212-8520 x 115
jkemp [at] alexanderstreet [dot] com