6 Million New Audio Tracks Added to Music Online
(ALEXANDRIA, VA) – Alexander Street Press is adding 6.2 million tracks to its award-winning streaming audio databases. Available to academic libraries worldwide, the newly licensed content increases sevenfold the listening portfolio available to music subscribers at no additional cost.
Every one of the 6.2 million new tracks is exclusive to Alexander Street within the academic market. Works come from a broad range of independent labels, with a large concentration in popular music. The tracks feature both emerging artists and well-known performers in an array of genres:
- Rock/Pop: Coldplay, Green Day, Nine Inch Nails, Dionne Warwick, Van Morrison
- Rap/Hip-hop: Pitbull, Ying Yang Twins, Wu-Tang Clan, Lil John & The East Side Boyz
- World Music: Bob Marley, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, The Dubliners, Edith Piaf
- R&B/Blues: Ray Charles, Little Richard, Nina Simone, John Lee Hooker
- Jazz: Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday, Wynton Marsalis, Tony Bennett
- Plus Classical, Electronic/Dance, Metal, and more
By the summer of 2014, the full suite of new tracks will be made available to current customers of Music Online: Listening. Later in the year, relevant tracks will also be incorporated into Alexander Street Press’s existing discipline listening collections—American Song, Classical Music Library, Contemporary World Music, and Jazz Music Library—completely free for existing subscribers at academic institutions.
All tracks will be delivered on Alexander Street Press’s cutting-edge online platform, which provides dozens of powerful tools and features, including:
- 24/7 access for unlimited simultaneous users on campus or off
- Audio streaming at up to cd quality (320kbps)
- Streamlined searching and browsing functionality
- Tools for creating and sharing audio clips and playlists
- Detailed usage statistics and a forthcoming deluxe admin portal
“Thanks to recent licensing agreements, we’re able to bring incredible new content to our customers in unprecedented volume,” said Tim Lloyd, COO and music publisher at Alexander Street Press. “We’re delighted to be able to offer academic libraries the largest and broadest range of audio recordings to support their learning and research needs.”
Alexander Street’s listening collections are available to academic libraries worldwide via annual subscription or one-time purchase. No special setup or software is required—all you need is an Internet browser. For more information or to request a trial or price quote, email sales [at] alexanderstreet [dot] com.
About Alexander Street Press
Alexander Street Press is an electronic publisher of award-winning online collections and video for scholarly research, teaching, and learning. Learn more at http://www.alexanderstreet.com.
Contact for Media Inquiries/Reviewer Access:
Abby Horowitz, Marketing Writer
Alexander Street Press
3212 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
703-212-8520 x 313
ahorowitz [at] alexanderstreet [dot] com