Alexander Street Announces Exclusive Content Agreement with Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
ALEXANDRIA, VA – Alexander Street today announced a new exclusive agreement with the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD). ASCD is a global leader in developing and producing innovative content and services to support educational leadership and training for success in the classroom. Adding to Alexander Street’s 19,000+ exclusive titles, the ASCD catalog of video includes a substantive list of demonstration videos, instruction, strategy, and analysis; plus 5,000 to 10,000 pages of facilitator’s guides and full text material.
ASCD represents a global community of 125,000 members, including superintendents, principals, teachers, and advocates from more than 138 countries. Its award-winning video catalog illustrates classroom scenes of effective, research-based teaching practices and offers advice from top education experts to help bring school improvement ideas and strategies to life.
Sample titles include:
- How to Prepare Students for Standardized Tests
- Instructional Strategies for the Differentiated Classroom
- Best Practices in Action: Using Analogies to Enhance Background Knowledge
- A Visit to a Data-Driven School District
- Leadership Strategies for Principals
- Getting Results with Curriculum Mapping
- Unpacking the Common Core Standards Using the UbD Framework
- ASCD Master Class Leadership: Professionalism
Content will be made available in Fall 2016 and will be available through a variety of acquisition options.
Alexander Street features 60,000 titles on the platform in all. Its growing list of exclusive content also features:
- Over 580 feature film titles from Pragda, Zeitgeist Films, Artmattan, BOND 360, Film Movement, First Run Features, the Mexican Film Institute (IMCINE), and Oscilloscope available only on the Alexander Street platform
- Atma Global: an extensive catalog of 250 exclusive short-form videos
- Berkeley Media: over 200 exclusive titles
- Black Panther/Huey P. Newton Foundation film archive: previously unreleased films from the organization’s private collection
- Dennis O’Rourke: 8 films from this major ethnographic filmmaker
- Center for Asian American Media: more than 50 key films
- Filmakers Library: more than 1,250 documentaries
- 60 MINUTES: through 2014, eighteen years of one of the most viewed programs anywhere
- Journeyman Pictures: more than 250 documentaries
- National Film Board of Canada: more than 40 films
- Royal Anthropological Institute: more than 200 films
- Creative Arts Television: over 100 performing arts titles
- William Greaves Productions: the historic Black Journal program broadcast on WNET-NY
- The Docuseek2 Collection™: more than 1,200 key films from Icarus, Bullfrog, NFBC, Kartemquin Films, and others
Plus, Alexander Street offers key catalogs of the Criterion Collection, PBS, Meet the Press, Kino Lorber, Royal Opera House, California Newsreel, A&E Television, BBC, National Geographic, INTELECOM, Davidson Films, Pennebaker Hegedus, The Stanley Milgram series, Zimbardo’s Quiet Rage: The Stanford Prison Experiment, and thousands more. Additional titles exclusive to the Alexander Street platform coming soon. Customers can contact their sales representative for a complete list of exclusive titles.
About Alexander Street, a ProQuest Company
Alexander Street pairs exclusive streaming video, audio, and curated full-text collections with cutting-edge online tools to transform the way people research, learn, and teach in virtually every discipline. Learn more at alexanderstreet.com.
Contact for Media Inquiries/Reviewer Access:
Lauren Casula, Product Marketing Manager
Alexander Street, a ProQuest Company
3212 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Toll Free: 800.889.5937