Alexander Street DDA
More Exclusives I More Flexibility I More Value
Giving your users access to the best videos is not only quick and easy, membership is free.
How does it work?
- Institution-wide access to all videos in your DDA account is available, and there’s no prepayment required.
- No charges are incurred until the 4th time a title is viewed beyond 30 seconds, then an invoice is triggered for a 1-year subscription to that film.
- Most titles can be upgraded to a 3-year subscription or even perpetual ownership.
- Automatic perpetual ownership is provided when you reach $499 in total invoices per eligible title.
How do I get these videos in my library?
- Fill in this form with your institution information.
- Choose your profiles.
- Click “Submit”.
Once we receive your form a video specialist will contact you to confirm your selections and complete your setup.
Specialty DDA Profiles
- DDA: Select - Exclusive titles available only at Alexander Street, perfect if you already have a video DDA program in place. 14,000+ titles available.
- DDA: Feature Films - 2,500+ feature films (including Criterion Collection*, Sony Pictures Classics*, Milestone Films), silent films, and world cinema titles.
Publisher Custom Profiles
Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
ASCD videos demonstrate research-based teaching techniques, instruction and strategy, and provide expert advice to generate further innovation in your educational programs and continued improvement in learning.
Berkeley Media is one of America’s foremost distributors of independently produced documentaries and educational media. Titles are chosen because they are notable both for their educational utility and merit and for their high production values and creative artistry.
British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)
BBC is one of the most respected and trusted sources for educational content. It has a long-held reputation for releasing world class documentary programing, featuring the highest levels of rigorous editorial and production standards.
BroadwayHD promotes and preserves live theatre, extending the reach of Broadway and Broadway-caliber shows.
CBS News (featuring 60 MINUTES & Sunday Morning)
CBS News is the most highly-respected, longest-running newsmagazine in the history of American television, includes segments from 1997-2014.
The Criterion Collection*
Criterion is widely respected for their scholarly and entertainment value and are ubiquitous for the study of cinema, history and culture.
DER (Documentary Educational Resources)
DER publishes provocative documentary about the people and cultures of the world. DER believes in using film to foster tolerance and understanding and to encourage students to question their preconceptions and think in new ways.
This DDA specific selection of titles (approx. 120) provides social-issue and environmental documentaries from leading film producers and distributors, including Bullfrog Films, Icarus Films, the BBC, National Film Board of Canada, CBC, Television Trust for the Environment, and independent producers from around the world.
Filmakers Library provides issues-based documentaries covering a wide array of disciplines that educate students and researchers on critical and thought-provoking issues, figures, and cultures.
The Great Courses
Bringing insightful, charismatic lectures by renowned academics on topics including religion, economics, communication studies, sociology, and more. The Great Courses offers a powerful tool to help students master key concepts.
Microtraining is the largest provider of counseling video content, curated and developed to meet the educational and research needs of the counseling discipline.
Milestone partners with archives around the world to restore and remaster important and overlooked films.
PBS: Public Broadcasting Service*
From its ubiquitous history and science content to its award-winning documentary series, like P.O.V., Independent Lens, and the work of Ken Burns, PBS has been a classroom staple for more than 35 years.
Sony Pictures Classics*
Sony Pictures Classics offers the best world cinema titles from the 90’s to today, with a strong documentary emphasis. *U.S. colleges and universities only.
Subject Custom Profiles
- Art & Architecture
- Business & Economics
- Diversity (including Disability Studies, LGBT Studies, Human Rights Studies, Black Studies, Asian Studies, Jewish Studies, Middle Eastern Studies, North American Indian Studies, Hispanic Studies)
- Film (including American Film, Media Studies, Film)
- Health Sciences (including Medical Imaging, Health Policy, Nursing, Rehabilitation Therapy, Sports Medicine & Exercise Science)
- History (including American Civil War, American History, Black History, Women’s History, World History)
- Music (including American Music, Classical Music, Jazz, Popular Music, World Music)
- Politics & Current Affairs
- Counseling & Psychology (including Counseling & Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy)
- Science (including Environmental Studies, Science, Physics, Engineering)
- Theatre (including American Drama, Drama, Dance, Theatre)
- Women’s Studies (including Women’s History, Women & Social Movements, Women Writers, Women’s Studies)
* Not available in all regions
*** If you are an individual looking for access to films visit search.alexanderstreet.com