APA PsycTherapy® provides clinicians, counselors, and trainees the opportunity to observe candid psychotherapy videos featuring known therapists. This proven counseling training method is an invaluable tool to remain abreast of the latest psychotherapy techniques. One of the primary uses of APA PsycTherapy is as a teaching and learning tool. Faculty can assign students videos to observe and ask them to identify the techniques being used and to evaluate them from a clinical perspective. Given the wide range of topics and approaches covered, students will benefit from seeing the variety of issues patients grapple with and the disorders they are presenting. APA PsycTherapy provides:
- Over 500 streaming therapy demonstration videos
- Biannual updates
- Content coverage:
- More than 146 prominent therapists
- More than 100 different therapy approaches
- Around 245 topics covered
Sessions Feature Renowned Therapists
Therapists cover more than 100 approaches, such as integrated behavioral health care, cognitive behavior therapy, and acceptance and commitment therapy.
This dynamic psychotherapy tool provides instructors, practitioners, and therapists-in-training with a database of more than 500 streaming video demonstrations, with 20–30 hours of new content added each year.
- Therapeutic approaches addressing a wide range of psychotherapy topics
- Proven methods featuring common obstacles faced during unscripted therapy sessions
- Helpful tools that allow users to create playlists and share video clips
- Expertly created metadata for easy navigation to specific therapeutic techniques
- Synchronized transcripts which allow users to search for precise moments in therapy