Welcome to MediaPlus from Alexander Street, a ProQuest Company. You have been redirected here from the former Jisc MediaHub subscription service, which was retired on 31 August 2016.
MediaPlus is now hosted and delivered to existing and new subscribers by Alexander Street, the leading provider of academic streaming media. All Jisc-licensed news, film, image and music content including high profile collections such as ITN, Getty images and Wellcome Library images and sound are available.
Cross-search 130,000+ multimedia resources, including:
- 73,000+ streaming video titles
- 55,000+ documents and images
- 346 albums
This collection is essential for those studying 20th century British social, political & cultural history, with perspectives including:
- Arts, culture and entertainment
- Economy, business & finance
- Unrest, conflicts & war
- Science and technology
- Social issues
- Environmental issues
- Crime, law & justice
- Religion & belief
- Sport & Health
- And hundreds more…
Sub-collections within MediaPlus include:
- Associated Press Archive (6,010 items)
- Channel 4 News (6,508)
- Gaumont British News (2,476)
- Gaumont Graphic Newsreel (8,087)
- Getty Moving images (8,163)
- Getty Still images (11,732)
- ITN (6,300)
- ITV news (27,519)
- Imperial War Museum – images (4,165)
- Photographic Youth Music Culture Archive – PYMCA (6,421)
- Reuters News (3,248)
- Royal Geographical Society (6,448)
- Royal Mail Film Classics (66)
- The North Highland College – Johnston Collection (10,037)
- Wellcome Library (710)
All resources are cross-searchable with other multimedia resources via http://search.alexanderstreet.com
, with enhanced user-engagement metrics to learn more about how resources are being used.
Also available for free for higher and further education is Teacher's TV, a collection of 3,800 concise instructional videos featuring engaging and practical in-classroom demonstrations and commentary from teachers, administrators and other educational experts.
Please note that MediaPlus is available only for higher and further education institutions in the United Kingdom.