- Access-to-Own: Tired of paying year after year to renew popular films? Access-to-Own perpetual rights is now granted for qualifying titles once you've reached $499 in total invoices per title.
- No Start-up Fee: Access is turned on and no charges are incurred until the 4th time a title is viewed beyond 30 seconds. Then an invoice is triggered for a 1-year subscription to that film. You may choose to upgrade to a 3-year subscription, or perpetual rights (available for most titles). Your patrons choose the content - you choose the terms.
DDA: Select and DDA: Feature Films offer focused content:
- DDA: Select includes 16,500+ titles available only from Alexander Street. With this option, your library can provide access to high quality academic films available nowhere else, and there's no overlap with any DDA programs you may already have in place. Content spans many subject areas, including anthropology, counseling and therapy, business, documentary and feature film, education, history, fashion, music and dance, news and current affairs, drama and more. Includes content from Sony Pictures Classics*, 60 MINUTES/CBS, FILM PLATFORM, among others.
- DDA: Feature Films provides access to 2,200+ feature films, silent films, and world cinema titles and is perfect for supplementing an existing video collection with quality major cinema -- from top content providers including Sony Pictures Classics*, The Cinema Guild, Juno Films, Music Box Films**, NYX Channel, Monument Releasing, First Run Features*, Oscilloscope, Global Lens, Chapulin Films, Flicker Alley, Ruscico, and more.
Already have another DDA program in place? That's okay!
You know that DDA is right for you. Add DDA: Select for access to additional titles available only from Alexander Street, all 16,800+ of them. It costs nothing to set up. We've done all the work for you, so there's no worry about overlapping with your current DDA program.
Why Alexander Street?
Alexander Street delivers:
- Tremendous flexibility, with a large number of delivery and acquisition options, and we offer perpetual rights for most titles.
- The most streaming titles available for instant subscription or purchase (50,000+ of our best films and growing).
- Top-quality content—DDA includes more than 500 content partners including Sony Pictures Classics*, FILM PLATFORM*, The Cinema Guild, A+E Networks’ HISTORY®, Monument Releasing, Oscilloscope, Global Lens, Third World Newsreel, Flicker Alley, PBS, BBC, Bloomberg, CRM Learning, CBS, Kantola Productions, National Geographic, Opus Arte, Royal Anthropological Institute, First Run Features*, First Pond Entertainment, Springer Nature, The Economist, WSJ and many more.
How does Alexander Street’s DDA program work?
Your patrons will receive access to videos without any setup fee or upfront commitment. Users will be able to search and stream with complete interface functionality, as if these titles were already a permanent part of your holdings.
To help you manage your budget, we offer a spending cap feature that ensures you stay within your budget even if your patrons are highly active users. You can increase your cap during the DDA period. Additionally, title-level suppression prevents your users from seeing or using content you don’t want to acquire.
The DDA program also provides a detailed admin portal that helps you monitor your account’s activity. You can see which titles have been recently triggered with 24-hour currency, track your spending against your cap, and upgrade triggered titles to multi-year subscriptions or perpetual purchases when rights are available.
What support will I receive?
DDA at Alexander Street comes with consultative support including usage tools, training resources, COUNTER-compliant usage stats, title suppression capabilities, budget management tools, and more.
* All titles not available in all regions
* Sony Pictures Classics available in U.S. college and university libraries only
**U.S. and North America only