Perfect for music scholars and faculty, the Music Reference Collection delivers some of the most acclaimed music text content from the world’s best publishers.
Includes the full content of:
Music Online: African American Music Reference
- Chronicle the diverse history and culture of the African American experience through music.
- Full text from major reference works.
- Biographies and personal narratives from oral histories.
- Manuscripts, song-sheets, lyrics, discography data, and other text sources cover jazz, spirituals, civil rights songs, slave songs, minstrels, rhythm and blues, gospel, and other forms of black American musical expression.
Music Online: Classical Music Reference Library
- Includes the authoritative reference titles Baker's Dictionary of Music, Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, and Baker's Student Encyclopedia of Music.
- Biographical information on major composers and artists.
- Score and lyric excerpts, plus musical and notational terms.
- Photographs and images of people, instruments, and ensembles.
Music Online: The Garland Encyclopedia of World Music
- The full-text of the ten-volume print encyclopedia (more than 9000 pages) that allows for in-text searching.
- 300+ associated audio examples.
- Musical illustrations, photographs, and drawings.