Containing the most important opera and classical music performances, captured on video through staged productions, interviews, and documentaries, these selections represent the world’s best performers, conductors, and opera houses.
This collection includes:
- 1,600+ performances in video, including 200 full operas and 75 dance titles
- 60+ master classes, including exclusive content from the award-winning Masterclass Media Foundation such as the Joan Rodgers: Opera Arias – Singing Masterclass and the Emanuel Ax: Beethoven – Piano Masterclass
- 250+ full-length documentaries and interviews
- Supplementing classical music, 250+ titles explore a variety of musical styles from around the world including jazz, rock, latin, hip hop, and more.
How will you use it?
Videos of legendary performers are together, cross searchable and available for side-by-side comparison.
Interviews with singers, stage designers, and directors, integrated with excerpts of live performances, show the development of each production.
Multiple productions of some works allow for comparative analysis- showing various interpretations of staging and set design.
- Embed video on library pages, learning management systems, or in slides.
- Watch videos on-the-go with most handheld devices.
- Create, annotate, and organize clips and include links to other content.
- Use full MARC records and permanent URLs to let users link to, cite, and share video.
- Gauge usage with COUNTER-compliant statistics and full compatibility with discovery systems such as Primo, Summon, and EDS.
- Enjoy the in-class, on-campus, and remote-access viewing included in the terms of the subscription.
- Cross-search easily with other Alexander Street music products.
Music Video Collection contains these full collections: