MEDIA HOSTING SERVICE UPDATES
Alexander Street Media Hosting Service is now available on search.alexanderstreet.com. As of July 31, 2017, access on media.alexanderstreet.com will be migrated to search.alexanderstreet.com.
This migration provides several new features :
- Your uploaded content will now be cross-searchable along with all collections and single titles you have access to on the search.alexanderstreet.com platform.
- You can now include your uploaded content in our robust citation, clip-making, and playlist functionality.
- Your uploaded content will now be available via the varied authentication methods our platform provides for on and off-campus viewing including IP and proxy authentication.
- This access provides the ability to upload multimedia content from PDFs to audio to video together seamlessly on a single platform.
Personal Walk Throughs Available
If you are not familiar with the search.alexanderstreet.com platform and would like a walk-through or instructions on how to create a central playlist for your uploaded content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd be happy to show you the functionalities available.
COMING SOON in 2017:
- Upload directly through the admin portal (adminportal.alexanderstreet.com). A specific landing page will be provided where your uploaded content and metadata can be accessed. More information will be provided as available.
- Gain access to a landing page on search.alexanderstreet.com to browse all individual titles available to your institution that aren’t included in traditional collections, such as titles from the Media Hosting Service, EBA, DDA, single title videos, titles dropped from collections that have via perpetual rights, etc..
Not an Academic Video Online subscriber but want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for pricing and additional details.
Want to Start Your Access? Simply:
- Contact your local Alexander Street rep to request access.
- Instructions will then be sent to you on how to upload your materials and make your content available. Information will be provided on how to add your own metadata, control user access easily, send users to locally held content directly through your catalog, and more.