- Products and Services
- Product Listing A-Z
- What's New
- Australia & New Zealand
- Counseling and Therapy
- Dance and Music
- Science and Medicine
- Social Sciences
- Resource Center
- Press Room
- Single Titles
- Contact Us
LGBT Thought and Culture
"The content here is unusual and exceptional. . . LGBT Thought and Culture will be a useful acquisition for libraries serving serious researchers in anthropology, cultural studies, history, human rights, philosophy, political science, psychology, and queer studies." –Library Journal
The Premiere Archive of LGBT History
- The Pat Rocco Collection: Acquired from the ONE National Gay & Lesbian Archives, this collection features ephemora and correspondence from gay rights organizer and filmmaker Pat Rocco, documenting his impact in Southern California and Hawaii in the ‘60s and ‘70s. Includes letters from SPREE (The Society of Pat Rocco Enlightened Enthusiasts)
- The Jeanne Cordova Papers: The collection offers ephemera documenting the 1970’s activism of editor Jeanne Cordova. It includes correspondence regarding her magazine The Lesbian Tide, and other letters that provide insight into her role as a leader for Los Angeles-based LGBT and feminist movements.
- The Magnus Hirschfeld Collection, including the professional correspondence, publications, confidential reports, news clippings, court documents, and other materials from renowned German sex researcher Magnus Hirschfeld (1868‒1935).
Refined Interface Tools
- For those who own our other product LGBT Studies in Video, the two collections are cross-searchable through a single interface, allowing for new research opportunities.
- Semantic facet browsing provides intelligent information which evolves as users search.
- Users can narrow searches precisely using a range of criteria including content type, date published, author, person discussed, and more.
- The ONE National Gay & Lesbian Archives
- The Kinsey Institute Archive and Library
- Windy City Media Group
- The National Archives at Kew
- Flinders University
- Cleis Press
- RedBone Press
Diverse Research Materials
- Case papers for a number of indecent publication trials, including the 1928 obscenity trial for The Well of Loneliness by Radclyffe Hall.
- The Damron Guides: The collection includes the 1965-1980 runs of this pocket-sized National Directory that documents LGBT-friendly places, presenting insight into the evolution of pro-LGBT establishments in the United States and Canada.
- The editorial files and books of Tracy Baim a key LGBT and feminist reporter since 1980.
- Outlines (1987‒2000), a newspaper serving Chicago's LGBT community, featuring LGBT and AIDS coverage, news, interviews, photos, events, and community features.
- Blacklines (1996‒2006), a monthly newspaper covering African American LGBT issues with a focus on gay media.
- En La Vida (1996‒2006), a monthly newspaper addressing Latino/a LGBT issues and culture.
- Rare books and major winners of the Stonewall Book Awards and Lambda Literary Awards, many of which are no longer in print.
Expertly Curated Database
- Michael Bronski, Dartmouth College and Harvard University
- Linda Garber, Santa Clara University
- Todd Gilman, Yale University Library
- Gerard Koskovich, Queer Antiquarian Book Dealer and Independent Scholar
- Lisa Johnston, Sweet Briar College
- Dennis Altman, LaTrobe University
- And additional advisors representing Europe and Australia