Alexander Street film databases are perfect for patrons interested in:
- The social and cultural impact of film
- Information on the history of film globally, allowing for comparative study
- Thought-provoking resources on the relationship between world events and film
- Critical analysis of the world’s top filmmakers and their body of work
This unique content supports university and college level courses not only in Film Studies, but Language and Literature, Communications/Media, World History, English, Sociology, Linguistics, Cultural Studies, Gender Studies, Anthropology, and Psychology.
Featured collections include:
- The Sony Pictures Classics Collection offers the best of world cinema from the 1990s to today with a strong documentary emphasis and many Oscar® winning films from filmmakers like Wim Wenders, Ang Lee, Jeff Nichols, Mike Leigh, Asghar Farhadi, Roman Polanski, Michael Haneke, Jim Jarmusch, David Cronenberg, Errol Morris, Ingmar Bergman, Pedro Almodovar, and more.
- Our DDA: Feature Films custom profile provides access to 2,500+ feature films including Sony Pictures Classics*, Milestone Films** (both exclusive to Alexander Street), First Run Features, Music Box Films, Oscilloscope, Passion River, Cinema Libre, Gravitas Ventures, Mexican Film Institute, silent films, world cinema titles, and more. Learn more about the DDA program here.
- Film Scripts Online Series makes available accurate and authorized versions of copyrighted screenplays. Now film scholars can compare the writer’s vision with the producer’s and director’s interpretations from page to screen.
- See below for more.