- About Us
- Our Team
- News & Events
- Articles & Presentations
- Career Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Product Listing A-Z
- Public Library
- Art and Architecture
- Black History and Literature
- Counseling and Therapy
- Criminal Justice
- Health Sciences
- LGBT studies
- Performing Arts, Theatre & Film
- Political Science
- Religion and Social Thought
- Women's History and Literature
- Video Collections
- Support Center
- Customer & Technical Support
- Request a Product Trial
- Free Resources
- Contact Your Account Rep
- By Library Region
- Global Distributors
- License Info
- FAQs and Troubleshooting
- Discovery and MARC records
- New Alexander Street Press Interface FAQ
- Music Online Feature Overview 2013
- VAST: Academic Video Online Feature Overview 2013
- Press Room
- Free Resources
- Single Titles
- Contact Us
Classical Scores Library
"For the professional musician, Classical Scores Library is amazing." ‒Booklist
“The Alexander Street site is by far the largest and most comprehensive product on the market to date. Summing Up: Highly recommended." ‒CHOICE
Classical Scores Library is largest and most comprehensive online scores database designed to support the teaching and research of classical music. It provides online access to more than 25,000 scores and nearly 440,000 pages that can be printed and annotated.
The most comprehensive scores collection available
Classical Scores Library provides coverage in breadth and depth for classical music, and is relevant to a broad range of studies, including music history, music appreciation, music performance, analysis, and theory:
- All major genres and time periods from medieval to contemporary, from choral works to symphonies, operas, and the avant-garde.
- All major score types: full score, study score, piano score, and vocal score.
- The major composers’ repertoires are available across all genres.
- In-copyright editions from major publishers.
The highest quality publishing partners
We work with a wide variety of publishers to ensure our collection incorporates the best scores
Rare and unique content
Classical Scores Library includes 100 scores from the Barry S. Brook Center’s collection of French Opera in the 17th and 18th centuries, providing access to the music and libretti of the early operas during an important period in the development of the genre.
Movement-level indexing and discovery
All scores are indexed at the movement level so users can discover and access specific movements directly without having to navigate the entire score. Individual movements can also be cited on permanent URLs.
Powerful teaching resources
Our collections include a playlist functionality to enable educators to create, annotate, and share thematic playlists of recordings to support their teaching needs.
|Combine all materials relevant to study in a single playlist|
|Our customers actively use playlists to support teaching|
Key features of Classical Scores Library
- Cataloging: All movements of the scores are indexed, allowing users to jump straight to a specific point in the score.
- Printing: Print sections or all of the score for notation.
- Advanced Search: Additional options include work/Opus #, key, genre, instrument, time period, and year of publication, in addition to score type and specialist fields used in RISM, e.g., non-standard clefs.
- Custom Playlists: Create, annotate, and share playlists.
- Permanent URLs: All scores and movements can be cited on permanent URLs.
- Cross-search: Where applicable, users can follow along to audio or video performances in our related collections, Classical Music Library and Classical Music in Video.